Presented in Partnership with:

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive
(Hard Chrome Plating)

by Randy Taylor, Advanced Tooling Corporation
January, 2008

Chemical Deburring

Q. I am trying to find some companies that are able to supply chemical deburring of low carbon steel parts.  These are small "multi-slide" type parts such as bushings etc...  It will not be cost effective to fixture them, so I need to find someone that can chemically debur them in mass such as in a barrel or something like that. Can you help me with some recommendations?  We are looking in the Ohio-Michigan area as well as the Southern Texas area.

A. Chemical deburring is costly. Try a search for vibratory deburring. This may be affordable enough to buy your own equipment and do the process in house.

Best regards - RT




The information contained in this site is provided for your review and convenience. It is not intended to provide legal advice with respect to any federal, state, or local regulation.
You should consult with legal counsel and appropriate authorities before interpreting any regulations or undertaking any specific course of action.

Please note that many of the regulatory discussions on STERC refer to federal regulations. In many cases, states or local governments have promulgated relevant rules and standards
that are different and/or more stringent than the federal regulations. Therefore, to assure full compliance, you should investigate and comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.